Generally, conditioned peaches will last for 3-4 days on the counter, slightly longer in the fridge, and they can be frozen for an extended time.
- In order for your peaches to condition properly, do not place them in the refrigerator if they are still firm.
- Simply put them on your counter at room temperature until they reach your desired softness.
- For faster conditioning, place peaches in a brown paper bag on your kitchen counter.
- Once your peaches have reached your desired softness, then and only then should you place them in the refrigerator.
- Upon being placed in the refrigerator, they should last an additional week or so.
- For maximum flavor, allow your peaches to reach room temperature before eating (about 30 minutes after removing them from the fridge).